The DELE C1 guarantees that the student has made successful progress in the language, and certifies more than an advanced level of Spanish.
This diploma certifies sufficient linguistic competence to:
- Understand a wide variety of lengthy, and somewhat demanding texts, as well as to grasp implicit meaning in the same.
- Express themselves fluently and spontaneously without apparent effort to find the right words.
- Use the language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Produce clear, well-structured and detailed texts about topics of some complexity, correctly using mechanisms of organization, articulation and cohesion in the text.
- Test 1: Reading comprehension and use of language (90 minutes, 5 tasks).
- Test 2: Listening comprehension and use of language (50 minutes, 5 tasks).
- Test 3: Integrated skills. Listening comprehension and written expression and interaction (80 minutes, 2 tasks).
- Test 4: Integrated skills. Reading comprehension and oral expression and interaction (20 minutes) (and 20 minutes to prepare).
The final grade is either PASS or FAIL.
A “passing” grade is required for each test taken during the same examination session.
The maximum possible score is 100, and a minimum score of 30 is necessary in each of the two groups in order to receive an overall "passing" grade.
IMPORTANT: In the written expression test, the candidate must strictly follow instructions about the number of words and the text format.
Sample DELE Level C1 exam (PDF file)